July 23rd - Cyber Liability - Thank you
Thank you for attending and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Are Organizations Ready for PCI DSS 3
Cyber Liability overview by Mike Davis
Data Breaches - Resources - AITP Cyber Liability Event
Survive Data Breach
Surviving FTC Investigation of a Data Breach
August 19th - August Summer Social
Summer Social at Brian Malarkey's Green Acre
It’s summer and many of us could use a break from the heat, travel and preparations of the upcoming Fall season. Take a little time away from the office and join us in a relaxed outdoor setting at Brian Malarkey's Green Acre in the Campus Pointe complex. It will be a nice evening with food, drinks, and company set around a beautiful garden with a variety of IT professionals.
Please join the AITP S.D. community in partnership with Bird Rock Systems at our August Summer Social August 19th from 5:30pm - 8:30pm. It will be an evening of relaxation, fun, and networking. Please bring a friend along as well.
- Aug. 19, 5:30-8:30 – Food, Fun, Networking
Green Acre Campus Pointe
10300 Campus Point Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
- Member: $25
- Non-Member: $35
- In Transition & Students: $15
- At the Door: $45
July 23rd - Cyber Liability
Cyber Liability: What to do if your company becomes a victim
This relevant discussion will help you frame your response to a serious data breach. You will learn how to position your company so that it has the ability to collect relevant forensic data, avoid costly delays in resolution, and how to traverse the legal process if and when there is a breach.
- Have you had to deal with the legal and media ramifications of losing sensitive corporate data or Intellectual Property (IP)?
- Has your company done its due diligence with regards to security compliance, maintaining data records, and properly encrypting client data to avoid lawsuits?
- Do you know what remediation activities must be executed immediately after a security breach?
Come to this important event, sponsored by the Association of IT Professionals. You will have the opportunity to network with experts in the field from Law Firms specializing in Cyber Liability and Privacy, Law Enforcement, FBI, Cyber Insurance Experts, the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, Secure our eCity, Forensics, and Investigations.
June 12th - CIO's Dilemma: Securing the Internet of Things
A Joint Presentation of AITP, ISACA, ISSA, and CyberHive, Hosted by Qualcomm
The rapid growth of network connected devices offers many opportunities for organizations but also creates new security challenges. Our expert panel will discuss the security implications of the Internet of Things and what a CIO should do to securely manage the rapid growth of these connected devices.
Moderator: Matt Stamper
- Liat Ben-Zur is Senior Director, Product Management at Qualcomm Connected Experiences
- Tom Caldwell is currently the President of CyberFlow Analytics
- Tim Caulfield is Founder and CEO of The Antara Group
- Rusty Sailors is the President of LP3
May 28th - Building Your IT Career in Todays Changing Business Environment
The IT market continues to change. We are now out of the recession and the job market has opened up again.
Have you considered making a move, but not sure how to best demonstrate your strengths? How to take advantage of the change? Ready to look at getting into some of the newer technology -- Cloud Computing, Big Data and Mobile computing to name a few?
This event will bring together hiring managers from local companies, small and large, to share with you what they really look for when they are looking to hire an IT Professional. It will open your eyes to ways to increase your chances of finding and keeping a good IT job in this age of constant change.
By attending this presentation you will learn:
- What has changed now that the recession is over
- The most important career building skills
- Who decides the value of your contribution
- How to express your value proposition
- Proven ways to increase your career opportunities
- How to tell if the position you are seeking is strategic
- How to lead change instead of reacting to it
- How important business acumen is to your career